New student and kindergarten registration
We look forward to meeting new families! If you are new to the area, you can enroll your student(s) throughout the school year and summer months. Please contact the school at 571-642-6300 to schedule an appointment for registration.
You will need to have the following items for registration:
- Original birth certificate: If a birth certificate is not available, the FCPS affidavit with substantiating documentation is required.
- Proof of residency: A current, fully-executed lease (signed by both the landlord/management company and tenant) or deed/closing documents to the home is required. If you are sharing a residence, you must complete and have notarized two FCPS residency affidavit forms and provide the necessary documentation at registration. Please make sure you have all documentation completed before your appointment. Affidavit forms may be obtained at the school.
- School records: (an informal copy is acceptable). We will request official records from your child’s previous school after the registration is completed. You can request to have the student’s former school mail (7855 Morning View Ln, Alexandria, VA 22315) or fax the records to us at 571-642-6397.
- Immunization Records and Health Physical: (including Tdap booster) To ensure the vaccinations are in compliance with Virginia’s requirements, click here to review against your medical records. The student cannot be enrolled unless vaccinations are in compliance. (FCPS Regulation 2101.18). Please bring a copy of the school physical conducted by your family doctor. FCPS Policies, Regulations & Notices
- Special Education Records: such as IEP, if applicable. Please inform the registrar if your child has an IEP when you call for an appointment.
If any of the following apply to your family, please contact the FCPS South County Student Registration Welcome Center, 703-742-4900 before coming to Island Creek Elementary.
- Home languages other than English
- Foreign exchange students requiring I-20 student visas
- Students whose natural parents or legally adoptive parents do not reside in Fairfax County
- Tuition-paying student
- Students in foster care placed by other Virginia counties or by out-of-state agency
A child may enter kindergarten if he or she turns five on or before September 30 of the year he or she enters school.
Island Creek ES will have information available in late March or early April for parents of incoming kindergarteners, and we'll be holding orientation sessions. Please contact our office at 571-642-6300.
Registration requirements documents and translations are available in Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Korean, Spanish, Urdu, and Vietnamese. For recorded information about registration, please call 703-204-6795.
Should you have any questions regarding registering your student, please contact our office at 571-642-6300.